Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Ins and Outs of District 29 From Council Lady Vivian Wilhoite

Reminder



Community Meeting


6:00 pm, Tuesday, June 14, 2011


444 Bell Road



In the recent Ins and Outs of District 29, I indicated that a location is to be announced.


So here is a recap of what I sent out around 8 am Wednesday morning and also posted on my blog of www.vivian-29.blogspot.com


There is a request for a proposed Billboard to be erected at the intersection of Bell and Murfreesboro Road. More specifically, it is an electronic billboard. The applicant's request was denied and now the applicant is appealing the denial to the Board of Zoning Appeals. The Board of Zoning will deliberate the applicant's appeal on Thursday, June 16, 2011.


I would not support such a request for the primary reason that this intersection is quite busy and dangerous. I am of the belief that an electronic billboard would be a distraction and could compromise safety to everyone that travels through that area. Nevertheless, I have invited the staff of the Board of Zoning Appeals and the applicant to this meeting to provide specifics and answer questions from the community.



See you at 6:00 pm, Tuesday, June 14, 2011


444 Bell Road.







Vivian's Blog... Email Me!







Please visit my blog often for up to date information in and around District 29. Also email me at www.vivianwilhoite@comcast.net



or call me at 615.589.2003 to share your concerns. I want to hear from you about this issue or other concerns you may have.

No comments: