Friday, February 25, 2011

2 Churches Damaged By Storms In Antioch

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 7:07 AM CST ANTIOCH, Tenn. – Thursday night's storm damaged many homes in the Percy Priest Lake area including two neighboring churches. A tornado siren can warn you of what's coming, but nothing can prepare you for what a fast moving storm can leave behind. Tim Alexander is pastor at Smith Springs Church of Christ and has seen better days from the front of his sanctuary. "I realized when I turned the corner it was worst than I thought," said Alexander. Members of the congregation saved what they could from a place that is much more than just a building. "My parents were married here. I was married here with my wife. I saw my wife for the first time in the 6th grade over there in that isle," said one church member. With a third of the roof ripped away, water caused some serious damage inside. Members of Priest Lake Presbyterian Church may have lost their house of worship, but definitely not a place to worship. "We've got a gym and we'll probably set chairs up in and worship in there," said Paul Burns with the Priest Lake Presbyterian Church. It's that faith that will keep the church members going. To see Video Click Here

No comments: