Monday, December 6, 2010
Fire damages Antioch liquor store
WKRN Channel 2 Dec 06, 2010 5:55 AM PST NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A fire early Monday morning damaged a liquor store in the Antioch area. A police officer passing by spotted the fire at J.T. Liquors on Murfreesboro Road at about 2:30 a.m. Upon arriving on the scene, firefighters saw heavy smoke coming from the store and had to force their way inside. Firefighters had the blaze out quickly and managed to limit the damage. "It seems like right now, most of the damage is confined to area around the coolers," Nashville Fire Department spokesperson Joaquin Toon explained. "We're thinking possibly that the damage is the result of some electrical problems. Right behind the cooler area and up into the ceiling, there's quite a bit of damage but there's not a lot of structural damage." No one was injured. The cause of the fire was not immediately known although officials initially believed it was electrical.
Posted by Blogger at 5:53 PM