Monday, October 11, 2010

Man fires shots into Shell station after attempting to light on fire

WKRN News ANTIOCH, Tenn. – Police are looking for the man who attempted to light a Shell station on fire in East Nashville. The Shell station is located on Crossings Way, near Interstate 24 and Hickory Hollow Parkway. Just before 4 a.m. Monday, a delivery truck driver saw a man walking from a Wendy's Restaurant across the street to the Shell station with a gas can. The suspect then threw gasoline onto the side wall of the station and attempted to light it on fire. The witness then said the suspect appeared to become frustrated when the building would not catch fire, so he fired at least five shots into the gas station. The suspect then began shooting at the delivery truck driver. "I was real nervous," Marco Grandberry, the delivery truck driver, told News 2. "I'm shaking now to a point where I, you know, I had to call my dispatch and let them know what was going on. He was telling me to lock the door until it was safe enough for me to come back outside." The suspect then fled the scene. The Shell station was closed at the time of the shooting. No one was hurt.

No comments: