Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stretches of I-440, I-40 will be closed this weekend

January 23, 2010 Road construction will close parts of two Nashville interstates over the weekend. Starting today, work crews will close a short stretch of Interstate 440 westbound from the Interstate 24 junction to the Interstate 65 junction. Most I-440 traffic will be routed to Interstate 40 through downtown Nashville as crews repair concrete on I-440. The interstate will close at 4 a.m. today and should reopen no later than 6 a.m. Monday, Tennessee Department of Transportation said in a news release. Construction also will close the I-40 eastbound off-ramp at White Bridge Road from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and Sunday. The ramp also will be closed from 8 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday as workers use cranes to lift 10 steel bridge beams that will support a new flyover ramp connecting Briley Parkway to I-40. During the closure, drivers who want to get to White Bridge Road or Briley Parkway should exit at 51st Avenue, a quarter of a mile east of White Bridge Road at Exit 205, TDOT said. — CLAY CAREY THE TENNESSEAN

No comments: