Friday, June 5, 2009

I-40 westbound traffic into Nashville will require weekend detour

June 5, 2009 Motorists heading downtown this weekend from Nashville International Airport or Murfreesboro won't be able to travel Interstate 40 because continuing bridge work will shut down part of the highway. The westbound lanes will be closed from Exit 211B (where Interstate 24 splits off toward Clarksville) to Exit 210B (where Interstate 65 splits off toward Brentwood), Tennessee Department of Transportation officials said. Eastbound lanes will remain open. The closure begins tonight at 8 and ends no later than 5 a.m. Monday, allowing workers to repair concrete on the bridge over Lafayette Street and Second and Fourth Avenues South. Inbound traffic will be rerouted onto Interstate 440 or I-24 westbound. To get downtown from I-440, take I-65 northbound. To get downtown from I-24 in East Nashville, take exits 49, 48 or 47 and use surface streets. Last weekend, eastbound traffic on I-40/24 was rerouted to allow repairs of three bridges. TDOT officials said westbound lanes of I-40 will close for repairs again later this month, after the CMA and Bonnaroo music festivals.

No comments: