Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Condo catches fire for 2nd time in 6 weeks

WKRN Channel 2 News S. NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Flames heavily damaged at least one unit at a condominium complex in south Nashville early Wednesday morning. Firefighters responded to the Kingswood Condos on Selena Drive just off Thompson Lane around 1:30 a.m. The fire is the second at the condo complex in six weeks and broke out on a second story balcony. No was injured and residents, while visibly shaken, managed to escape. Firefighters went inside and did an initial search to make sure everyone was safely out of the building. "[I] heard a loud pop so I looked out the window and I saw some smoke billowing. That's when I called," said resident Nancy Keeler. "I saw the flames coming out, I said, ‘Oh my God, we're all going up in smoke'," resident Anna Maria Vetrone told News 2. The condo belongs to an elderly woman. The cause of the fire remains under investigation. The fire six weeks ago caused greater damage and displaced residents in 10 condo units in an adjacent building. To see Actual Video: http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=10469845

No comments: