Monday, September 8, 2008

Teen hospitalized after ingesting unknown liquid

WKRN Channel 2 Sep 8, 2008 01:37 PM CDT A 16-year-old junior at Antioch High School in Nashville was transported to the hospital Monday after ingesting what police are calling a "liquid intoxicant." Police said the student vomited during class and had slow cognitive functions but did not loose consciousness. The student told police he bought the liquid from a fellow student in the parking lot before the start of school Monday. He was unable to give the seller's name. Police said an investigation is underway. Last Wednesday, a 17-year-old McGavock High School student was rushed to the hospital after ingesting a liquid believed to have affects similar to the drug Ecstasy. The previous Friday two teens became ill at the Maury County Fair after ingesting what is believed to be a similar liquid. The liquid is thought to be homemade and contain butanediol. Side effects of the drug can include red, puffy or blotchy skin, especially around the face. Police have not said whether the Antioch student ingested a similar liquid.

No comments: