Monday, June 16, 2008

Antioch Couple Survive Kidnapping

Suspects Force Man To Withdraw Cash From ATM POSTED: 7:42 am CDT June 16, 2008 UPDATED: 5:50 pm CDT June 16, 2008 Channel 4 News NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Police said an Antioch man was kidnapped overnight at gunpoint and robbed by two men. Michael Ezekiel, 27, said that at about 3 a.m. Monday he was standing in the parking lot of the Mission of Hickory Highland apartment complex. At that time, Ezekiel said two men, Rickey Carr, 25, and Jonathan Lawrence, 21, approached and forced him to drive to a nearby Suntrust automatic teller machine to withdraw cash. When they arrived at the bank, the ATM was out of order, so the suspects forced Ezekiel to come back to the apartment complex. "I couldn’t get any money out. My hands were shaking. I was nervous and terrified, and none of the ATMs were working," he said. Ezekiel said the accused robbers then drove back to his girlfriend's apartment and got her debit card. One of the men stayed with the girlfriend, while the other suspect took Ezekiel to a U.S. Bank. "It was terrifying. I had never seen a gun outside a gun store," he said. Ezekiel was eventually able to break free from his captor. "I got a hold of his head, and I pulled him out, and I knew his torso was bent here, so I squatted down on him," he said. "I had him in a guillotine, and he was slipping. I tried to force him out, and I just put all my weight on him." He was able to steal his captor’s cell phone and call police. "I clocked him pretty good. I pulled him out of my car, like, by his neck. I really wanted to break his head off," he said. Authorities arrested both Carr and Lawrence, who have been charged with two counts of aggravated kidnapping and two counts of aggravated robbery. Lawrence's bond was set at $600,000. Additionally, Carr is charged with aggravated rape and attempted rape. His bond is set at $1 million. Police are also trying to determine if Carr and Lawrence may be linked to other crimes in the area. Copyright 2008 by WSMV.com. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed Video: Antioch Man Attacks, Escapes Kidnapper

No comments: