Monday, January 14, 2008

Judge Kurtz will retire from Nashville seat

By Sheila Burke (Tennessean) Davidson County Circuit Court Judge Walter Kurtz is retiring from the bench in Nashville, the state administrative office of the courts announced today. Kurtz, whose been a judge for 25 years, has been selected to be one of five senior judges across the state. Senior judges are former trial and appellate court judges who are assigned to hear cases in any state court. “I wish to express my appreciation to the people of Davidson County who have elected me four times as judge and one term prior to my judgeship as public defender,” Kurtz wrote to the governor. “I am thankful to them for the trust they have placed in me since 1978.” Kurtz, 64, will retire effective March 21. The administrative office of the courts will be taking applications from lawyers who are interested in being appointed to his seat.

No comments: